Wondering what to cook when you have fish, eggs and tomatoes in your fridge? Hey, you might want to try this century old recipe that I learned from my Mamang Aida! It is as simple as A-B-C. The dish is called Sarciadong Isda or fried fish in tomatoes ‘n eggs!
1 kilo Hasa-hasa or Dalagang-bukid
1 piece onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 pcs. egg, beaten
6 pcs. red tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp. cooking oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 tbsp. pepper
2 teaspoon fish sauce
2 onion leaves (optional)
You can also choose yellow-fin or milkfish to cook. It is important that the fish is fresh and proper cleaning is observed in its preparation. Be sure the fish is not over cooked when fried so as not to be hard and dry.
1. Clean the fish and rub it with salt. Heat oil in frying pan and fry the fish. Set aside when its done.
2. In a clean pan, heat the cooking oil, sauté the garlic and onions.
3. Add tomatoes and let it cook until it looks mushy. Add water and season it with fish sauce and black pepper. Bring it to boil.
4. Now, add the fish and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. Do not stir so as not to break the fish before serving.
5. Pour the eggs and distribute evenly. You know its ready to serve when eggs are already curdled.
6.Sprinkle it with onion leaves. (optional)
Serve it hot! Makes 6-8 servings