Vigan Longganisa Green Salad satisfies healthy cravings for a garlicky, salty, sour and peppery flavor, perfectly merged with salad greens, sweet bell peppers and aged cheddar cheese in Mango Vinaigrette Dressing complimented with Slices of Savory Wheat Bread Toasts.
1. Preparation of Vigan Longganisa Green Salad
30 grams Lettuce Romain
30 grams Green Ice Lettuce
4-6 strips 20-30grams / slices of Red Bell Pepper
4-6 strips 20-30grams / slices of Yellow Bell Pepper
4 pieces Cherry Tomatoes
20-30 grams thin slices of Aged Sharp Cheddar Cheese
3 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp Corn Oil
2-3pcs Vigan Longanisa
- Simmer Vigan longganisa in a pan with water and oil until water evaporates and Vigan oil and juice is extracted. Cook until caramelized.
- Set aside the longganisa and chop separately with its caramelized juice and oil extract.
- Rinse and wash greens and veggies.
- Slice red bell and yellow bell pepper into 2” strips then slice cherry tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Chop each lettuce greens into 3 parts and place in a clean mixing bowl
- Toss-in the bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and cooked Vigan longganisa and then arrange in salad plate.
- Top with sharp cheddar cheese thin shavings. Ready to serve.
Yield: 1 serving